Church of England Diocese of Durham Staindrop

About Us

Originally an 8th Century Saxon church dedicated to St Gregory, it
underwent a number of alterations under the Neville family at Raby
Castle (adjacent to the church). It was through Ralph Neville that it
became a collegiate church at the end of the 14th Century. The
last major work was the clerestory and resultant roof alterations in
1412.