We were unable to provide opening hours. Please contact the Church for more information
St John the Evangelist, Little Wilbraham is one of two churches in the parish of Little Wilbraham with Six Mile Bottom. It is part of the benefice including St Vigor's Fulbourn and St Nicholas' Great Wilbraham.
1st Sunday of the Month: Matins 9.30am
2nd and 4th Sundays of the Month: Holy Communion 9.30am
There has been a church on this site going back at least one thousand years. Evidence for this lies in the south wall of the nave. There is a small narrow window set into a wall more than a metre thick. Outside, the construction is by “long and short” arrangement of squared stone blocks, typical of the late Saxon period (circa 900-1066). There was further development during the Norman period. Also on the south wall near the Chancel are two blocked doorways, one above the other, dating from the Norman period in the twelfth century. Furthermore the remains of a Norman arch were uncovered during the restoration of the Tower west wall in 2007. The main body of the church, however, dates from the mid-13th century.
Rectory Farm Road
If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below