We were unable to provide opening hours. Please contact the Church for more information
St George's is one of two churches in the Parish of Little Wilbraham with Six Mile Bottom. It is part of a benefice including Fulbourn, Great Wilbraham and Little Wilbraham.
1st Sunday of the Month: Holy Communion 9.30am
5th Sunday of the Month: Joint Holy Communion 9.30am
The architecturally distinctive church of St George in the hamlet of Six Mile Bottom was built in 1933. It was commissioned and largely paid for by the aristocratic Hall family, one-time owners of the Six Mile Bottom estate, designed by the prestigious and distinguished 20th century architects, Seely and Paget, built by the Cambridge builders, Rattee & Kett, and annexed to the parish of Little Wilbraham. It is one of the very few 1930's churches in Cambridgeshire.
Currently, the church-going population of Six Mile Bottom is small. However every month there is a Sunday service; and the Eucharist is also celebrated on Christmas Day and Easter Day. At Pentecost, there is a special service at 11 a.m., when neighbouring churches in the group are invited; and a picnic is held after the service.
The Church building and grounds are well cared for by a dedicated team of people from Six Mile Bottom and Little Wilbraham. Pastoral care is offered by the Rector and others in the group.
Six Mile Bottom
If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below