Related Churches within the area and contact information from external sources such as Crockfords can be found below.
St Michael & All Angels
Church of England Diocese of Ely Parish Safeguarding Policy
PROMOTING A SAFER CHURCH
In accordance with the Church of England Safeguarding Policy our churches are committed to:
· Promoting a safer environment and culture.
· Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children, young people and vulnerable adults within the church.
· Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation.
· Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons.
· Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons.
· Responding to those that may pose a present risk to others.
The Parish will:
· Create a safe and caring place for all.
· Have a named Parish Safeguarding Officer (PSO) to work with the incumbent and the PCC to implement policy and procedures.
· Safely recruit, train and support all those with any responsibility for children, young people and adults to have the confidence and skills to recognise and respond to abuse.
· Ensure that there is appropriate insurance cover for all activities involving children and adults undertaken in the name of the parish.
· Display in church premises and on the Parish website the details of who to contact if there are safeguarding concerns or support needs.
· Listen to and take seriously all those who disclose abuse.
· Take steps to protect children and adults when a safeguarding concern of any kind arises, following House of Bishops guidance, including notifying the Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser (DSA) and statutory agencies immediately.
· Offer support to victims/survivors of abuse regardless of the type of abuse, when or where it occurred.
· Care for and monitor any member of the church community who may pose a risk to children and adults whilst maintaining appropriate confidentiality and the safety of all parties.
· Ensure that health and safety policy, procedures and risk assessments are in place and that these are reviewed annually.
· Review the implementation of the Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practices at least annually.
Each person who works within this church community will agree to abide by this policy and the guidelines established by this church.
Parish Safeguarding Officer: Jessica Linskill
Incumbent: Canon Shamus Williams
This updated policy will be adopted by all the churches in the Shingay group at their AGMs during Spring 2019
St Peter & St Paul
Crockfords contact details
If you've spotted any issues in the Crockfords data, please contact the church by selecting the following link.Report an Issue
If you've spotted any issues in the contact information, please contact the church by selecting the following link.Report an Issue
Most churches are “Excepted Charities” and are therefore not registered with the Charity Commission. You can download a PDF that includes your church name, address and church code. This PDF, which is an extract from the Church of England’s database of churches, can serve as a certificate for churches requiring proof of their charity status when registering for online and card-based giving. Click on the download button below and fill in the short form. You will then be emailed the certificate as a PDF.