The Church of St Peter-in-Ely is a Proprietary Chapel within the Church of England Diocese of Ely and, as such, it has no specific parish area. It was founded in 1889 by Catharine Maria Sparke as a mission church for the people of Ely's riverside area. Today, the congregation is drawn not only from Ely but also the neighbouring villages and further afield.
The weekly Sung Celebration of the Holy Eucharist on Sundays follows the Anglo Catholic liturgical tradition with traditional language, incense, congregational singing of Merbecke's Communion Setting and hymns from the New English Hymnal. Additional services are held in Advent, at Christmas and in Holy Week.
Everyone is warmly invited to attend worship here and to meet together afterwards for tea or coffee in the Church Rooms adjacent to the church.