St Andrew's church is in the village of Barton Bendish (incorporating the hamlet of Eastmoor.), which is about one mile south of the A1122 between the market towns of Downham Market and Swaffham. The village population is approximately 150. The village has two churches - St Andrew's, which is the main place of worship, and St Mary's, which was declared redundant in the 1970s and is maintained by the Churches Conservation Trust. It remains consecrated and is used very occasionally for weddings, funerals and baptisms. The Palm Sunday service always commences at St Mary's before a Palm Sunday procession to St Andrew's.
St Andrew's is Grade 1 listed and there are ongoing plans for extensive renovation. There are carved oak box pews dated 1630, and the pulpit is also carved oak. There are medieval glazed tiles in the sanctuary.
The village is very supportive of the Church and its fundraising activities, which include, amongst other events, Open Gardens, Coffee Mornings, Flower Festivals, Quizzes, Art and Photography Exhibitions, and Cooking Demonstrations.