NSPCC [email protected] 0808 800 5000
Action on Elder Abuse 0808 808 8141.
Diocese of Ely Safeguarding: https://www.elydiocese.org/safeguarding
Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser: Rebecca Boswell
Tel: 01353 652731 Mobile: 07904 487912
Email: [email protected]
The PCC have adopted of the House of Bishops’ ‘Promoting a Safer Church; safeguarding policy statement’.
We are committed to:
The care, nurture of, and respectful pastoral ministry with, all children, young people and all adults;
The safeguarding and protection of all children, young people and all adults;
The establishing of safe, caring communities which provide a loving environment where victims of abuse can report or disclose abuse and where they can find support and best practice that contributes to the prevention of abuse.
To this end:
• We will carefully select, support and train all those with any responsibility within the Church, in line with the principles of Safer Recruitment. We will respond without delay to every complaint made, that any adult, child or young person may have been harmed, cooperating with the police and local authority in any investigation.
• We will seek to offer informed pastoral care and support to anyone who has suffered abuse, developing with them an appropriate ministry that recognises the importance of understanding the needs of those who have been abused, including their feelings of alienation and / or isolation.
• We will seek to protect survivors of abuse from the possibility of further harm and abuse.
• We will seek to challenge any abuse of power, especially by anyone in a position of respect and responsibility, where they are trusted by others.
• We will seek to offer pastoral care and support, including supervision, and referral to the appropriate authorities, to any member of our Church community known to have offended against a child, young person or adult who is vulnerable.