We were unable to provide opening hours. Please contact the Church for more information
The Church of St. Michael and All Angels in Little Badminton is a small church with nave and North aisle of almost equal size, divided by an Early English arcade of four bays with pointed arches and octagonal piers, the west pier and respond only having capitals.
The 14th century East window has three lights with trefoiled heads.
In the South wall there is an attractive ogee-shaped rere-arch which externally has a hood-mou1d. The next two windows on the S are similar; having two lights, with rere-arches, with cinquefoil heads, but the westernmost window is much plainer. It has been suggested that this is an example of impoverished work resulting from the building having been stopped by the Black Death in 1348.
Trefoil-headed PISCINA in the North aisle (to right of organ), and another with a restored head by the altar.
BAPTISMAL FONT. Perpendicular period. Octagonal bowl with quatrefoils in the panels.
PLATE. Chalice and Paten Cover, 1715 by Simon Pantin.
The church lies on the North side of a village green on which stands a round DOVECOTE and several picturesque farms and cottages, some with thatched roofs.
Glossary of terms: rere-arch (supporting the inner wall of the first window) respond is a half-pier or half-pillar trefoiled (from Latin trifolium, "three-leaved plant").
Regular mattins services are held at Little Badminton on the second and fourth Sundays in the month (unless there is a service scheduled for Great Badminton, when the service will be held there instead). Please see the Services page of our website for details of all forthcoming services.
Little Badminton is not open, except on days of services. However, tours can be arranged for groups of a minimum of 10 people (individual tours can unfortunately not be offered). The cost will be £5.00 per person. For further information, please contact Mrs Sheilah Michael at [email protected].
If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below