Welford-on-Avon - St Peter

Welcome to St Peter’s. We’re a small friendly church in Welford-on-Avon, about 10 minutes drive from Stratford upon Avon and part of the RiverVale  group of churches with Long Marston, Weston-on-Avon, Lower Quinton with Admington and Mean Vale

Our worshipping community is 120 plus 40+ adults and children in Messy Church, which is steadily growing again post-COVID.

The church is open all year from dawn until dusk, doors being left open in warmer weather, and we receive many visitors, being on the route of the Avon Valley Footpath.

St Peters is an attractive mid-late 12th-century grade 1 listed building sited in the village centre, seating up to 120 people, the present Norman church building replacing a small Saxon one on the same site from 1059. There are Norman arches in both aisles and Gothic arches at the chancel and bell tower entrance.

Get in touch

Ian Grundy

Church Warden
07714 797771
Kate Shilvock Church Warden
‭07947 061452‬
What's on

Family Communion

Monthly. Every First Sunday at for 1 hour
Welford-on-Avon - St Peter
Church Lane Welford Stratford-upon-Avon, CV37 8EN, GB

A service for all the family

Jay Niblett has been selected as Rector of the Benefice of Welford, Quinton, Weston and Marston Sicca.
His Institution and Induction service will take place on Monday 2 October 2023 at 7pm at St Peter’s; all are welcome to attend.

Church_news From_the_Vicar


Our parish of Welford: St Peter is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults from harm. We follow the House of Bishops guidance and policies and have our own Parish Safeguarding Officer (PSO). Our Diocese of Gloucester’s safeguarding pages contain vital links and information including contacts for the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor who advises our PSO. If you are concerned that a child or adult has been harmed or may be at risk of harm please contact the PSO, [email protected] or the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor at [email protected], or 01452 835516. If you have immediate concerns about the safety of someone, please contact the police and your local authority’s children or adult social care services."