Church of England Diocese of Gloucester Coln Saint Aldwyns, Hatherop and Quenington

Opening

We were unable to provide opening hours. Please contact the Church for more information

01285 750402

Getting here

We are a small village church with a warm welcome for everyone in our community.  We are part of the united parish of Coln St Aldwyn, Hatherop & Quenington – one of the "CHEQS" parishes in the South Cotswold Team Ministry.

Our morning communion services are 'Common Worship', with Evening Prayer being based on 1928 BCP.

The church building dates from Norman times:  entrusted to St Peter's Abbey, Gloucester in 1138 and then the Knights Hospitallers in 1193, it was extensively restored during the Victorian era by Fredrick Waller, architect at Gloucester Cathedral.  An outstanding feature are its twelfth-century doorways:  the south doorway depicts the earliest "Coronation of the Virgin" still in situ in Europe, while the north doorway features the "Harrowing of Hell".

For more information about our three-church parish please visit the Parish Website

 

Quenington
Cirencester
GL7 5BN

If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below