This is a beautiful small church, originally attached to Deerhurst Priory, whose earliest records are of a restoration and partial rebuilding in 1499, with further extensive remodelling in 1873. This was instigated by the patron, the estate of the Earls of Coventry, and two family members who held the incumbency consecutively.
The tower tilts spectacularly, and was made safe by underpinning in 1975. The six bells are rung at weddings and are popular with visiting teams.
The church is popular for local weddings and has a faithful congregation from across the parish. Most come from Gotherington, the largest of the three villages but without a church building.