Church of England Diocese of Lincoln St. Mary le Wigford with St. Benedict and St. Mark, Lincoln

About Us

St Mary le Wigford is Lincoln's oldest continually occupied building with a tower built by Ertig, an Anglo Danish merchant, before the conquest in 1066. It is one of only two churches to survive the Siege of Lincoln in 1644 and continue to hold regular services. 

Situated in the heart of the retail area and by the Transport Hub our ministry is focussed on hospitality, welcome and signposting support as we undertake a long series of works to make this building fit to serve for another 1,000 years. 

We are available as a venue for events and concerts and have a hall which is very suitable for community gatherings and are the home of the Wigford History Project which seeks to preserve and promote the history of Lincoln's southern suburb.