Long Sutton St Mary Diocese of Lincoln has the oldest tallest wooden lead covered spire in Europe.
Market Place, Long Sutton Lincs PE12 9JJ.
01406 362033 email [email protected]
The church was built in 1170 by Cluniac Monks. We have a superb Norman nave a peal of 8 bells also a Parvaise Room over the south porch and Ogee arch in the North porch.
The Reserved sacrament is in the Monks Cell.
There is very active childrens and youth work, large local ministry team and migrant workers support group.
To see a full range of what we do look on our parish website www.longsuttonchurch.org
Our electoral roll is 192 at St Marys,
Lutton St Nicholas 40 and Gedney Dawsmere 30
We are situated in the center of a very attractive 12th century market town. We have a large church hall situated next to the church and there is plenty of free parking.
The lead was last replaced in the 1860's with graffiti dated 1841. There was water penetration of the magnificent south aisle. Thank you to everyone who supported and helped this work to preserve this building for the worship of our Lord Jesus Christ.
During the course of restoration work medieval wall paintings have been found some have been restored and the new discoveries are being assessed.
Again for more details and photographs please check our website.
Our Parish magazine is always available on line both on this site and our own website www.longsuttonchurch.org