St James, Freiston

Welcome to St James, Freiston.

This parish, as well as having lots of prime farmland for growing vegetables, has five distinct areas comprising Haltoft End, Freiston Village, Freiston Shore, Scrane End and of Course HMP North Sea Camp! Freiston Shore is the home of both the heritage “We’ll Meet Again” Museum and the RSPB reserve, whilst the village hosts an enterprise park, a well known butchers and a post office & 3 pubs. The Church is best known for it’s Christmas tree festival, Arts festival and Heritage weekend events and provides valuable ministry in a weekly social coffee morning every Thursday from 10am to 12pm.Remembrance Sunday is also a major event with the Salvation Army Band and sometimes the Coastal Community Choir. Holy week features a Maundy Thursday evening meal that combines the passover liturgy and excerpts of the gospels relating to the last supper. Easter Sunday begins with a celebration of the rising of the Son of God at Sunrise at Freiston Shore where we light the paschal candles followed by breakfast in Freiston Church. 

Get in touch

Cluster Administrator - Mrs J Walmsley

Mrs J Walmsley - Administrator

Our website

What's on

Coffee Morning

Every Thursday at for 2 hours
St James, Freiston
Church End Road Freiston Boston, PE22, GB

Come along and join in with the Coffee Morning, with homemade cakes and friendly conversation. £2 for coffee/tea and cake. Everyone welcome.


"Our parish of Freiston: St James is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults from harm. We follow the House of Bishops guidance and policies and have our own Parish Safeguarding Officer (PSO). Our Diocese of Lincoln’s safeguarding pages contain vital links and information including contacts for the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor who advises our PSO. If you are concerned that a child or adult has been harmed or may be at risk of harm please contact the PSO - Rev'd Andrew Higginson or the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor. If you have immediate concerns about the safety of someone, please contact the police and your local authority’s children or adult social care services."