Our Mission: Together in Christ. Called to love, to worship and to serve God.
The present church was rebuilt in 1847 by Thomas Gee Esq, Lord of the Manor, and was a chapel of ease to the parish of Kirton until 1922 when it became the parish church and was dedicated to St Gilbert. There was a previous church and the parish records go back to the late 1600s. The church is a Grade II listed building and has a small bell tower.
The parish church is now part of the Church of England "Brothertoft Group" in the Diocese of Lincoln, known as the "Five in the Fen" that also includes:
• All Saints at Holland Fen
• Christ Church at Kirton Holme
• St Peter at Wildmore
• St Margaret of Scotland at Langrick
The Brothertoft Group (5 churches) and The Sibsey and Carrington Group (4 churches) have one vicar. Services take place at all churches on a regular basis each month when the churches are open. Visitors are always welcome. Services are also led by lay readers and licensed lay preachers, other guest priests as well as Methodist ministers from time to time. Remembrance Services are also organised in November in conjunction with the Royal British Legion. Baptisms, confirmation, weddings, blessings, funerals, burial and interment of ashes may be arranged by the deceased’s loved ones by contacting the Vicar or by contacting the Churchwardens.