Church of England Diocese of Lincoln Saxilby with Ingleby and Broxholme

Facilities and features

Click on the tags below to learn more about each.

Accessibility

Available in the adjacent church hall

Available in the adjacent church hall

Roadside parking available outside the church gate. Weekend and evening parking in the neighbouring nursery school car-park by kind permission of Sunflowers Nursery.

Available in the adjacent church hall

Disabled parking up the church path and near to the church door.

Paving outside main entrance almost at floor level with chamfered threshold to make easy access

In the main body of the church as part of the sound system

Large Print copies of main service sheets available.

Assistance dogs are very welcome


Our Building

The Parish Church is Grade 1 Listed and is of considerable historical and architectural interest since it has indications of building in various architectural styles over a period of some 900 years. There is some evidence of Saxon and Norman remains, and elements of 13th century stonework. The Nave and double Chancel are from the late 14th and early 15th centuries, together with the octagonal stone font, the Nave Roof and a very fine oak tracery Chancel screen with the original pre-reformation stone spiral rood staircase. In the North Chancel there is the Daubeney Monument : a splendid tomb-chest with figures of a knight and his lady in alabaster carefully restored in 1994.
The Victorians added oak pews to the Nave and North Aisle, with choir stalls in the South Chancel and a very fine two manual and pedal organ, much loved by all organists. The Tower was re-built in 1908 with materials from the previous tower. The 4 bells were augmented in 1946 to make a very good ring of 6 in a new steel frame, which are still rung on a regular basis.
The building is in very good condition, and provides a seating capacity of approx. 200 with additional seating in the choir stalls for approx. 24.
The surrounding churchyard was closed in 1968 and is now well maintained by West Lindsey District Council with whom there is a very good working relationship. The adjacent cemetery is run and maintained by the Parish Council. The former church at Broxholme is now a private residence but the churchyard remains open and is the responsibility of Saxilby PCC.


Music and Worship

We have a small but enthusiastic band of ringers who can ring a range of doubles and minor methods. There are six bells in the tower and the tenor weighs 12cwt 1qtr 10lbs (Note F). The ringing chamber is on the first floor up a metal spiral staircase. Practices are held each week on Thursday 7.30 - 9.00pm. Visitors and new ringers are very welcome.

Concerts / Live Music
Organ
Regular Choir

Groups, Courses and Activities

We hold regular coffee mornings in the Church Hall every last Wednesday of the month between 10 and 11.30am. All money raised goes to charitable causes.


Help for Visitors

Free Guide leaflets are available inside the church

The church is open daily between 9.00am and 5.00pm (4.00pm in the winter months)


Other Features

We are a Fairtrade church using fair-trade products wherever we can. A monthly TraidCraft stall is held in the morning coffee after church each first Sunday of the month in the church hall.

SAXILBY CHURCH HALL - Fully refurbished & available for hire
Large Hall (up to 75 people) with hearing loop, sound system and projection facilities
Meeting Room (up to 15 people)
New Kitchen
Toilets with baby changing facilities
Outdoor patio and grassed area
All for £6 per hour! Contact Colleen Turner 702174