We were unable to provide opening hours. Please contact the Church for more information
There has been a church on this site for over 1,000 years, serving the small spring-line village of Brattleby. The remains of a Saxon cross stand in the beautiful churchyard with its tall trees.
The church was heavily restored in the 19th Century by the great Lincolnshire architect, James Fowler. The north aisle, however, parts of the chancel, and the whole of the west end are Norman or products of a rebuild in the 15th century. The tower is mostly 15th century, on an earlier structure, and contains three important bells and a bell-frame from around 1430. The bells are curretly being restored.
The church is well looked after by an active group of villagers, and there is a small but friendly congregation of locals from Brattleby and from Aisthorpe, whose church closed a few years ago, plus a handful who come from farther afield.
Worship is mostly in modern language, and there are some regular weekday offices. It is an increasingly popular location for weddings and baptisms within the Springline Parish.
Please visit our website for further information and helpful contacts.
If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below