The present day parish church was built in red brick with greenstone bands and slate in 1857 by Maugham and Fowler. It replaced the original chalk and thatch building.
The church was built to be aligned east to west, with a south facing porch, a nave with a bell at its west end and a new chancel. The church is grade II listed.
There is an attached vestry and hall to the north of the nave which was added in 1988.
In the churchyard stands an ancient scheduled monument and grade II listed churchyard cross, the base of which dates from the 14th century, with a 19th century alteration.