The old Dalby church was thatched and contained a Norman chancel arch, but became so dilapidated and was demolished in 1862.
The present church, designed by James Fowler of Louth, was built on the same foundations using stone from the old church for the outside walls.
Building started in June 1862 and it was opened by the Lord Bishop of Lincoln in October of the same year.
There is no record of Dalby church having been dedicated to any patron saint prior to 1960.
The church sits in parkland alongside Dalby Hall.