Holy Trinity was built during the 11th and 12th centuries, and restored in the 14th century. The clerestory was destroyed during the 14th century. The church was heavily restored in 1859 by James Fowler of Louth.
In 1972 the tower collapsed, and the remnants can still be seen.
The church is constructed of dressed greenstone, some red brick patching and plain tiled roofs with decorative ridge.
The pews are a modern (probably Victorian) addition. Originally, and for most of its history, Holy Trinity would not have had any formal seating. It was a building which was open and would be used by the whole community, including its animals, on a very frequent basis.
We are currently exploring ways to improve the facilities in the church to allow it to be more used by the local community.