The church is built of greenstone and Ancaster stone and is mainly of 14th-century architecture. The ground floor of the tower, its eastern window and west wall are of 13th-century architecture. As is the west and north walls, the south west window, the west window and the blocked windows in the north wall.
The oak screens are 15th-century, as is the font.
Sir Robert Silkstone (1290-1347), buried in the south aisle of the church, completely restored the church.
A mission room, in connection with the church was built in 1896.Restoration work was also carried out in 1906 by W D Caroe, who also added the clerestory.
The church sits hidden down a lane away from the village.