This 12th century church is approached by a short climb up a path next to the old school house. The building was much restored in 1871 by James Fowler of Louth.
It is constructed of greenstone ashlars with limestone dressings, and has plain tiled and lead roofs.
Stained glass in the church dates to the late 15th and 17th centuries, and includes glass of German, French and Dutch origin.
In the south chapel a white marble plaque is dedicated to William Burrell Massingberd (d.1802) and other members of his family.