Dedicated to St Andrew and a Grade II listed building, the parish church of Sausthorpe was designed by Charles Kirk and built in 1842. </span>St. Andrew's church has been a landmark alongside the road for centuries.
Its construction was sponsored by Rev. Francis A. Swan, Lord of the Manor and parish rector, and it was on the site of an earlier medieval structure.
The church contains 19th century furniture including elaborately carved chair. 2 late 18th century floor slabs each with single carved shield of arms. Further 18th century floor slab. Some decorative 19 century tiles to the chancel/nave floor.
South chancel windows with Morris & Co. stained glass, 1907 and 1908. The stained glass was donated by the Swan family who were landowners who funded the replacement and restoration of the church.
The spire is a prominent local landmark, and resembles on a smaller scale the spire of St. James Church, Louth, 12 miles (19 km) to the north. Inside the church, and outside in the sun dappled graveyard, can be seen many graves dating back late to the 18th and early 19th century.