St. Helen's church dates back to the 13th century; the north arcade and part of the north aisle survive from this time, with a 14th century south arcade.
The tower is largely perpendicular. The chancel was rebuilt in 1830 and 1881 and a restoration of the church was carried out in 1853 by architect James Fowler of Louth.
The font is octagonal and dates from the 15th century.
Since 1990 the church has undergone some major restoration work, including the re-roofing of the chancel and a new roof on the nave and aisles. The tower has also had a considerable amount of work carried out on it.
A medieval bell lies on the floor of the vestry, where it has lain since its removal from the tower in 1939.
Of particular interest in the church are the medieval pew ends, some of which have undergone conservation treatment at Lincoln University and are on display in the north aisle.
The church is open every day from 8am until dusk.