This grade II* listed place of worship has stood on this site for over 900 years. It was restored in 1910 and seats about 250 people.
The present building, erected in the 14th century, is built of green sandstone and a tower was added in the 15th century. Outside the north-east of the chancel is a headstone to two travellers - Tyso Boswell and Edward Hearn - killed by lightning on the eve of the Horncastle fair in 1831.
A memorial to Captain Edward Dymoke, who was the champion of George II, is sited inside the church. His helmet and breastplate are above the tablet high on the arch. The inscription reads "To the memory of Captain Edward Dymoke, cousin of Lewis Dymoke of Scrivelsby. Champion to king George 2nd. Interred March 5th 1749 also John Dymoke Gent, nephew of the above. Interred July 27th 1745."