Melling Church was founded by the monks of Cockersands Abbey, and a record exists that it was there before the year 1190.
The old Chapel was replaced in 1834 by the present building. The Church is dedicated to St Thomas and The Holy Rood.
As part of the Maghull and Melling Team our vision and purpose statements, outlined below, are underpinned by our commitment to work towards the Greatest Commandment and Great Commission:
One Team ... St Andrew, St James, St Peter, St Thomas
One Vision ... Maghull and Melling, a place of love, peace, faith, hope
One Purpose ... to fulfil the Greatest Commandment and the Great Commission