Facilities and features
A single toilet is situated at the back of church off the lobby
Situated in the toilet
We have no parking facility. Parking is available for Sunday Services at the nearby Nursery, and library. There is room for accessible parking for one or two cars in front of the church for Sunday services. Note, however, that this is access for the Wedding Cars and the hearse at relevant services. Other parking is in nearby streets and the local park opposite the church on Main Street.
There is little to no step through the front gate or into church. A sides-person can help make room for a wheel chair.
There is a ramp which can be put down to access the chancel for Holy Communion.
Please let your needs be known on entering the church.
An induction loop is installed and used in all services.
Some large print hymn books are available on request.
Assistance Dogs are welcome
Many of the windows contain stained glass. The oldest panel of Stained glass is a reframed panel for the original chapel - over 300 years old. The newest was installed in 2001!
Grade II* listed Georgian Building, in a mix of architectural styles, designed by Henry Sephton, opened in 1718.
(There has been a church on this site since 1534. The church gained Parish status in 1854 and was extended in 1908.
It contains the village war memorial.
Music and Worship
used at most services
Used at the 4pm service on the 2nd Sunday of the month.
on most 4th Sundays of the month at 10.00 am Beacon services and at Sta's4all on the 2nd Sunday at 10.30 am
Groups, Courses and Activities
St. Aidan's Friendship Group meet in church on the 4th Thursday of the month at 2pm to chat, have a cup of tea, and often a guest speaker. All are welcome.
Help for Visitors
These are used at morning Sunday services.