Please note we are currently closed for refurbishmemnt.
The peaceful Wren church of St Andrew by the Wardrobe is a weekday parish church, open 9.00am-5.00pm. It is situated at the junction of St Andrew's Hill and Queen Victoria Street, close to St Paul’s Cathedral.
We warmly welcome those who come to join us for worship or who seek a quiet place in the midst of the city’s bustle, and students and tourists who are visiting Wren churches or who come to see our memorial to William Shakespeare. The Chapel of St Ann, dedicated to the mother of the Blessed Virgin Mary, is open weekdays for private prayer and has a votive candle stand and a board for prayer requests. Services are conducted according to the Book of Common Prayer.
The church was gutted by an incendiary bomb during the Blitz and reconstructed between 1959 and 1961. A special service on 14th July 2011 marked the 50th anniversary of the re-hallowing of the church.