Parish Safeguarding Officers:
Bridget Fenton and Donna Harding
Diocesan Safeguarding Helpline 020 7932 1224
Or email [email protected]
London Diocesan House 36 Causton Street London SW1P 4AU
CCPAS (Churches’ Child Protection Advisory Service) 0845 120 4550
Child Line 0800 1111
NSPCC 0808 800 5000 (24hrs)
National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247 (24hrs)
Samaritans Helpline: 116 123 (24hrs)
Action on Elder Abuse Helpline: 080 8808 8141 ( free phone Monday to Friday 9-5pm).
020 8379 3196 (Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub- MASH)-
020 8379 5555 (Children MASH)
020 8379 2574 (Children and Family Support Team)
PCC Safeguarding Policy Statement
Parish of All Saints with St Michael, Edmonton.
Every person has a value and dignity which comes directly from the creation of male and female in God’s own image and likeness. Christians see this potential as fulfilled by God’s re-creation of us in Christ. This implies a duty to value all people as bearing the image of God and therefore to protect them from harm.
• We accept and endorse the principles set out in ‘Safeguarding in the Diocese of London’.
• We commit ourselves to nurture, protect and safeguard all our members, particularly children, young people and vulnerable adults.
• We recognise that safeguarding is the responsibility of the whole church community.
• We undertake to exercise proper care in the selection, appointment, training and support of those working in both paid and voluntary positions with children or vulnerable adults, including the use of Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosures and making appropriate referrals to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
• We will respond without delay to concerns or allegations that a child or vulnerable adult may have been harmed, cooperating with the police and social care services in any investigation.
• We will challenge any abuse of power by anyone in a position of trust.
• We will seek to offer pastoral care and support to anyone who has suffered abuse, developing with them appropriate pastoral support.
• We will seek to offer pastoral care and support, including supervision and referral to the proper authorities, to any member of our church community known to have offended against a child, young person or vulnerable adult.
The PCC of this Church agreed and adopted the above Policy at its meeting on 13th June 2019
We have appointed BRIDGET FENTON and DONNA HARDING as our Church Safeguarding Officers (CSO) and SONIA CARNEGIE as our Children’s Champion.
Copies of “Safeguarding in the Diocese of London” and any parish guidelines and procedures are held by
The Vicar and Churchwardens.
The PCC shall review this policy annually. The next review will take place at the first PCC meeting
following the 2020 APCM.
Vicar/Rector/Priest in Charge Revd Stuart Owen
Churchwarden Charles Okpalanwankwo
Churchwarden Yvonne Knight