Eccles Parish Church
We would like to welcome you to St Mary the Virgin, Eccles known as Eccles Parish Church. We are the Anglican Church in this parish which covers Eccles Town Centre and Ellesmere Park.
Sadly due to the Coronavirus threat the church has been closed since March when the lock down started. However we are happy to announce that the church is now open for services on Sunday at 11.15am. However please be aware that we have had to make following changes to the service:
- no books will be handed out and no hymns will be sung
- On entry please use the hand sanitiser station which is available at the entry into the church
- The service will be presented on a screen
- Instead of shaking hands during the peace a little wave will be used
- During the communion only the bread will be given. This will take place at the end of the service
- In line with Government Guidelines face masks will be mandatory as from the 8th August 2020.
- please follow the one way system when entering the church and keep 2 metres apart.
Up to date information and resources are available on our Facebook page: Eccles Parish Church St Mary's and we will continue to produce an online service each Sunday (from 10am) using YouTube (Eccles Team Ministry). Please contact Rev Ross on 0784 623 0355 if you would like pastoral or spiritual support.
We will be open for private prayer (with social distancing) on Wednesdays from 12noon to 2pm.
"The parish of Eccles: St Mary the Virgin is committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and adults. We follow the House of Bishops guidance and policies and have our own Parish Safeguarding Officer(s), PSOs. The Diocese of Manchester’s safeguarding pages contain vital links and information including contacts for the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor (DSA) who advise our PSOs. If you are concerned that a child or adult has been harmed or may be at risk of harm please contact the DSA. If you have immediate concerns about the safety of someone, please contact the police and your local authority Children or Adults Services."
Please consider making a donation
Please help to support the ministry of Eccles Parish ChurchGo to donation page