Our Grade II-listed church was built in 1787 and stands at the heart of the village of Dobcross in the Dobcross Conservation area. It is a source of strength and identity amongst the Saddleworth villages and for the nearby communities. We open the church almost every day during daylight hours to offer peace and tranquillity to those in need.
Following substantial restoration between 2003 and 2007 our church provides a beautiful setting for important occasions such as marriages and baptisms, as well as other principal church festivals. It offers a reflective and peaceful location in which to say farewell to family or friends during funeral services.
Our church is a superb auditorium for concerts with outstanding acoustics. We hold several concerts throughout the year. At the west end of the church is the narthex which is used for private bookings on a frequent and regular basis. It includes a well-ordered kitchen together with toilets, washbasins, and baby-changing facilities which are all accessible.
Our well-established groups for young people, Sunday School and Little Fishes, have consistent attendances and are well-supported by parents and carers. We also have strong links with our village Voluntary Controlled school with representation from clergy, parochial church council, and congregation on the governing body.