Important information about Worship in St John's and the Astley, Tyldesley, Mosley Common Team churches.
You are warmly invited to join us for worship.
Worship on a weekly basis at St John's and the other two churches in the Team has resumed. Across the Team churches there will be a Eucharist, a Service of the Word and a Café Church service available each week and all services start at 10am.
Post Lockdown information:
-whilst it is no longer mandatory to wear face masks in church you are encouraged to continue wearing one if attending worship in any of our churches, particularly if you still feel vulnerable
- where practicable we will set aside an area for those who wish to continue being socially distanced from other members of the congregation: please alert a member of the 'meet and greet' team as you enter church if you need assistance with this
- use of the Common Cup during communion has been reintroduced for those who would like to receive communion in this way. However, two chalices are used - one as the 'common cup' and the second to be used by the presider to intinct the host for administration in both kinds to the communicant.
- our view is that we should enable people to make an informed choice regarding the common cup, hence the above approach. For some it 'feels right' to be returning to the common cup and for others it does not yet 'feel right'. Both positions are positions of integrity and need to be respected.
The above measures are consistent with the Church of England guidance issued and we will continue to review it. Please help us continue to keep you and us safe.
Yours in Christ
Rev Martin B Cox,
Please contact us:
Team Rector: Rev Martin B Cox 01942 883313 [email protected]
Team Administrator: Susan Mallon 07873 149627 [email protected]
“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength . . . Love your neighbour as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these.”
Get in touch
Rev. Martin Cox, Team Rector
Our parish of Tyldesley: St George is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults from harm. We follow the House of Bishops guidance and policies and have our own Parish Safeguarding Officer (PSO).
In the Astley, Tyldesley, Mosley Common Team the PSOs are:
- St John's : Mrs Sue Bloor. Contact [email protected]
- St George's : Mrs Amy Farrer. Contact [email protected]
- St Stephen's : Mr Philip Dand. Contact [email protected]
Our Diocese of Manchester’s safeguarding pages contain vital links and information including contacts for the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor who advises our PSO.
If you are concerned that a child or adult has been harmed or may be at risk of harm please contact the PSO
If you have immediate concerns about the safety of someone, please contact the police and your local authority’s children or adult social care services