A Grade II* listed building, consecrated around 900AD, the body of St. Cuthbert rested here in 1069 before interment at Durham Cathedral. The Church has been re-ordered over the years, most recently in 2002 when a Lady Chapel was sited at the west end, the organ was re-sited to almost the same position as when originally installed in 1877 and alterations were made to the Burdon Aisle to provide a community space, kitchen and toilet facilities.
The South Porch, added around 1723, is presently used as a Memorial Chapel for the men of Bedlington who lost their lives in the two world wars and contains an interesting Enlistment Book. If those who died were miners their names were placed on the Bedlington and Netherton Pit Rolls of Honour for the First World War.
The Colours of the 2nd Battalion of the Tyneside Scottish Regiment were laid up on 10th July, 1920 and now hang over the entrance to the Chapel. In 2008 The Memorial Chapel was restored , the "Colour" conserved and re-dedicated on 5th July, 2009