Church of England Diocese of Newcastle Shotley

Opening

We were unable to provide opening hours. Please contact the Church for more information

(01207) 255 577

(01207) 771 047

Getting here

St. John's Church serves the parish of Shotley in the Diocese of Newcastle and the county of Northumberland. It is a rural parish and very lively with a thriving congregation and well used Church Hall which, with its full catering kitchen and fully licensed bar is ideal for weddings and other parties.
South of the Tyne and north of the river Derwent, the church of St John, built of local stone, was consecrated as a Chapel-of-Ease in 1837 to replace the older chapel of St Andrew on Greymare Hill. This chapel is now in the care of the Churches Conservation Trust.
St John’s subsequently became a parish church in its own right. The church is usually open to visitors and all are welcome to join our worship.

Snods Edge, Shotley Bridge
DH8 9TJ

If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below