Church of England Diocese of Newcastle The Holy Spirit Denton

Opening

We were unable to provide opening hours. Please contact the Church for more information

0191 2753682

07990019355

Getting here

Consecrated in 1956, the Church of the Holy Spirit was built to serve the people of a rapidly growing new estate. Sixty years later, it remains an important part of the local community, offering facilities for a wide variety of meetings and events, as well as regular worship.

The red brick building which serves a parish of approximately 12,000 people was built by Messrs Stephen Easten Ltd and designed by the Architects Newcombe and Newcombe. The design of the Kelham Chapel, built for the Society of the Sacred Mission in 1928 has a considerable influence on the building.


The church was consecrated on 13 October 1956 and replaced the Mission Church/Hall built in 1865 on the West Road. In 1966 a Narthex was added and in 1980 a new Hall, linked to the church, which complements the church building.

Dunblane Crescent
Denton
NE5 2BE

If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below