About UsThe church building: Built on the site of a twelfth century church, the present church building has undergone various alterations not least the reversal of the interior axis, so that the chancel is in the west and the baptistry in the east.
Two grave steles can be seen in the porch and a monument in the sanctuary is in memory of Horace St. Paul, Count of the Holy Roman Empire.
In the southeastern corner of the churchyard is a watch-house, built in 1826, when there was alarm about body-snatchers operating on behalf of Scottish surgeons. It is hoped that this building will soon be restored and made safe for visitors.
The church is normally open during day light hours and visitors are most welcome.