We were unable to provide opening hours. Please contact the Church for more information
There has been a church on this site since at least 1150 and possibly earlier. The present church however was built by the Reverend Charles Thorp in 1862, to replace an earlier (1805) church which had collapsed completely. It was built in the Early English style, a simple cruciform, with a very high roof ridge. There are three survivals of earlier churches – a piscine in the south wall of the sanctuary, a lancet window in the east wall of the south transept and a font bowl a the front of the nave. In the churchyard are three sandstone pinnacles from the tower of the 1805 building. The fine windows in the transepts depict the Benedicite and the Te Deum. Part of the churchyard is dedicated as a “Breathing Space” project and is managed and studied by the adjacent church school.
Chathill NE67 5EU
If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below