Meldon Church belongs to the parish of Hartburn and is of the early C13, restored 1849. Composed of roughly-squared stone in large blocks, dressings; slate roof. Single-cell plan with C19 north vestry. Early English style. Set-back angle buttresses,Arts and Crafts painted ceiling to the chancel and and east window by Leonard Evetts.The village is one of the 50+ Thankful Villages in the United Kingdom that suffered no fatalities during the Great War of 1914–1918. A Plaque on the wall of the churchyard commemorates this.
The church is kept open during daylight hours.