About Us

The Parish of Holy Trinity and St Mary is the most northern parish in England taking in the land north of the River Tweed estuary to the border with Scotland.

The church was built during the Commonwealth under special licence from Cromwell. It was designed in the manner of a presbyterian meeting house with no embellishments and no steeple or bell tower. In 1855 a chancel was built on to the east wall by piercing the end wall with a stone arch and a vestry was added to the north wall.