Location: The village of Ashley comprises some 110 houses and three farms, and lies in farming countryside in the Welland Valley on the border of Northamptonshire and Leicestershire, and between Market Harborough and Uppingham
Building: This Grade 1-listed medieval church was completely refurbished and restored in 1864 by Revd Richard Pulteney under the direction of Sir George Gilbert Scott. The inside of the church is an outstanding example of the Victorian Gothic style as promoted by the Cambridge Camden Society in mid-C19.
Congregation: we are part of a rural benefice of 5 churches. We have three services a month: a Village Service or communion on the 2nd Sunday; a traditional sung evensong on the 3rd Sunday, and a traditional 9am Communion on the 4th Sunday. The latter is normally followed by breakfast at a local pub.