We were unable to provide opening hours. Please contact the Church for more information
1875 - A gift of land plus £5,000 by William Fry Foster of Le Court enabled building to commence.
Architects - H and A P Fry (Foster’s cousins)
Builders - J H and E Dyer of Alton
1891 - 8 stained glass windows installed, each one dedicated to a member of the Wright family at the end of Archdeacon Wright’s term as Rector. A magnificent lectern was donated along with a pulpit, designed by James Fowler.
1897 - The spire of English oak and belfry were added at a cost of £900 donated by Heath Harrison of Le Court, including £100 from the Parish Church Warden, Timothy White. This added 70ft to the tower and the two bells dated 1630 were reinstalled from the old church.
1907 - The Harrisons also provided the money to build the Lych-gate.
1994 - With assistance from the Diocese, donations and covenants from the congregation, the church centre was added and opened by the Lord Bishop of Portsmouth.
Over the road on the corner is the old 13th century church of St John’s, now a Grade II listed building. The chancel has been maintained to shelter the effigy in alabaster of Dame Margery Caryll, dated 1632. Nearby is an old yew tree over 1,020 yrs old and approx. 21ft in girth.
Petersfield Road, Greatham
If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below