We were unable to provide opening hours. Please contact the Church for more information
Plaxtol Parish Church is one of very few churches built in the Cromwellian period - sometimes called 'The Republic' or 'The Commonwealth' - between the end of the Civil War (1651) and the Restoration of the Monarchy (1660). As such, it has no patron saint or other doctrinal title. The rather plain, puritan box-like structure was developed in the Tractarian style of the late Victorian era, adding transepts, and a riased chancel and sanctuary. A recent appeal and re-ordering is enabling the introduction of toilets and a kitchenette at the base of the tower, and more versatile and comfortable space. We hope and pray that this will help the church to make the most of its geographical setting in the centre of the village, and to fulfill is calling to be an inclusive and special place at the heart of the community.
If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below