Church of England Diocese of Oxford St. James, Leckhampstead

About Us

St. James, built in 1859, is situated on the downs between Wantage and Newbury. Our brick and flint church was designed by S.S.Teulon and provides a welcoming and unusual setting for worship. ALL are very welcome to join us in our services - there is a special area in the church for the youngest members of our congregation should they wish to use it.

Leckhampstead is a member of the West Downland Benefice of Brightwalton with Catmore, Chaddleworth, Fawley, Leckhampstead, Great Shefford with Shefford Woodlands and Welford with Wickham.