Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults
Safeguarding Policy and Information
• We are committed to respectful pastoral ministry to all adults and children within our church community.
• We are committed, within our church community, to the safeguarding and protection of vulnerable people.
• We will carefully select and train all those with any pastoral responsibility within the Church, including the use of Disclosure and Barring Service checks and the Independent Safeguarding Board where legal or appropriate.
• We will respond without delay to any complaint made that an adult/child for whom we were responsible has been harmed, cooperating with police and the local authority in any investigation.
• We will seek to offer informed pastoral care to anyone who has suffered abuse, developing with them an appropriate healing ministry.
• We will challenge any abuse of power by anyone in a position of trust.
• We will care for and supervise any member of our church community known to have offended against a vulnerable person.
The Church has a Parish Safeguarding Committee.
The members are:
Keith Martin 01709 769465
Christine Martin 01709 769465
If you have any concerns about the safety of children or vulnerable adults in the Church, either contact one of the above or, if you prefer:
Marion Lemon (Parish Safeguarding Officer – Woodsetts) 01909 518244