St. Bartholomew's Church, Eastoft
The church was built in 1855 to the designs of J. Pearson, Esq., is a Grade II listed structure. It is built in the Gothic Revival style and consists of a chancel with vestry on the north side, a nave with a porch on the south side and a bell gable, containing three bells. The church is situated on the Yorkshire side of the village and was consecrated by Thomas Musgrave, Archbishop of York, on 13 November 1855.
The Church is part of the Marshland's Benefice which includes churches in Swinefleet, Whitgift and Adlingfleet. The Priest in charge of the Marshlands Benefice is the Rev. Justine Smith.
The Marshland's Benefice is part of The Kings Causeway Mission Partnership which also includes the churches in the Parishes of Airmyn, Hook & Rawcliffe, the Parish of Goole and the Parish of Great Snaith.
Services are held twice every month of the second and fourth Sundays. Where there is a fifth Sunday in a month, a service is held in one of the Marshlands benefice churches on a cyclical basis.
The services at St. Bartholowmew's follow a traditional format with Hymns being accompanied by Organ and Brass.
We meet after each service to join in a cup of tea or coffee with biscuits. We are a very welcoming congregation and would encourage anyone to join in worship with us wherever they might be on their journey with Christ.
If you would like to know more about the Christian message, St. Bartholomew's Church, the Marshlands Benefice or the King's Causeway Mission Partnership please contact us below
Rev. Justine Smith - 01724 798399 - [email protected]
Ian Bishop – 01724 798756
Trevor Barker – 01724 710616
Or email [email protected]
Or visit http://marshlandbenefice.co.uk/eastoft.html