The parish church, dating from 1176, stands at the centre of the old residential village of Sprotbrough, serving a growing community of 2500 homes, three schools and one home for the elderly.
We are lively and active mainstream Anglicans. In 2005 St Edmund's became our daughter church, and details of usual services at at St Mary's can be found in the service times section. We also have an ecumenical covenant relationship with Sprotbrough Park Methodist Church.
The village, three miles from Doncaster, stands above the Don Gorge (SSSI), with excellent rail and road links to places of interest and countryside of great beauty.