We will be able to welcome each person for up to 15 minutes per person to sit and be with space for quiet reflection, to pray and an opportunity to light a candle.
Our dates for ‘Private Prayer’ are all on Saturdays from 10am – 12 noon:
25th July St Mary’s Blidworth
1st August St Simon & St Jude, Rainworth
8th August St Mary’s Blidworth
15th August St Simon & St Jude, Rainworth
In order to keep everyone safe, we ask that you follow all the guidelines please:
• sanitising your hands on entry and when you leave,
• observing the 2 metre distancing at all times
• following the one way system around church,
• following all the instructions from the stewards who will sit you.
• You will also be asked to complete a ‘NHS test and trace’ consent form. You will find one with your Parish Link but forms will be available too at church. If possible, please can you bring your own pen with you. A box will be provided for you to post your consent form through as you leave the church. Your consent forms will be retained for 21 days and then destroyed.
You will appreciate with 2 metre distancing the numbers we can accommodate, at any one time, in church are very limited. Please be patient if you are asked to wait.
If you wish to light a candle and someone is already at the candle stand, please remain in your seat until the person at the candle stand has moved on. At the candle stand, please only touch the candle you intend to light, light your candle from the large lit candle and place in a free candle holder.
Unfortunately our toilet facilities will not be available for use for Private Prayer.
We are also unable to provide Bibles but please feel free to bring your own. There are also posters in church with QR codes to be used with smart phones to access prayers and Bible readings.
There will be posters and notices around church to remind you of the guidelines and friendly stewards available to help. Check out the Newsletter (Parish Link) with our welcome notices with symbols and signs to help you to visualise the guidelines. These same posters will be in church. If you are on facebook check out our walk through ‘New Look’ St Mary’s Church, Blidworth video.
We want your time in church to go smoothly and well and be a blessing for you.
If there is anything you are not sure about and want to check out, please ring me or our churchwardens – contact telephone numbers are available on the website.
We look forward to welcoming you!