Moorhouse chapel stands alone in a field, approximately 2 miles East-south-east of Laxton, and has served for many years as a chapel-of-ease to Laxton parish church. The present building was constructed in 1860-1 in French Gothic Revival style by the architect Henry Clutton, and it replaced an earlier, medieval chapel which, in all probability, occupied exactly the same position.
We are part of a family of 12 churches including Ollerton with Boughton, Kneesall, Laxton with Moorhouse, Wellow, with Rufford, Walesby, Egmanton, Kirton, Bilsthorpe & Eakring. Ollerton serves as our administration hub
Normal Pattern of Services
Due to its position and access being through the farmyard, Holy Communion services are held between Easter and Christmas Eve on the Fourth Sunday of each month 9am.
Occasionally the service pattern changes in our group, for more information check our website http://www.cofe-ollerton.org.uk Check out this website for christening and wedding enquiries