We were unable to provide opening hours. Please contact the Church for more information
St. Georges church was built in 1877 with money provided by Miss Moss, daughter of the Vicar of St. Mary’s Church in nearby Illingworth.
Members of the congregation describe St. Georges as a welcoming, evangelical, charismatic, family church, committed to outreach with close links to the community. There is a lively music group, choir and organ to provide a variety of ways to worship and praise God.
We provide Christian services to local residential homes and support a community youth worker who is based at St. Georges House. Also based at St. Georges are thriving uniformed organisations of Beavers, Cubs and Scouts and of course a branch of the Mothers Union.
As well as the church, St. George’s has a separate Church Hall where members enjoy meeting with cuppa after church and where other groups and organisations can also meet. The old vicarage has been converted, into offices, a small cosy chapel, meeting rooms (available for hire) and provides parking for a number of cars
St George's Road, Lee Mount
If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below