If there is an immediate risk or danger please contact the Police on 999
Benefice Safeguarding Officer: Lynn Stansfield. email: [email protected]
Diocesan Safeguarding Team First point of contact
email: [email protected], Office Number: 0113 353 0257
Carla Darbyshire - [email protected], mobile 07399 809732
Jenny Leccardi - [email protected], mobile 07872 005189
Narinder Lyon - [email protected], mobile 07872 005309
Local Authority Safeguarding Teams
Children (Working Hours) 01422 393336 (Out of Hours) 01422 288000
Adults (Working Hours) 01422 363561 (Out of Hours) 01422 288000
Finding Other Support
We understand that reporting abuse may be very difficult and distressing and it may add to your hurt by our not being able to immediately assist you. Therefore here are the contact details of other agencies that are available to assist either on a 24-hour basis or through specialist helplines and services:
• NSPCC Child Protection Helpline: 0808 800 5000 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are worried about a child.
• Child-line: 0800 1111 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are a child or young person and are worried about anything.
• NAPAC: 0808 801 0331
• National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are experiencing domestic abuse.
• Family Lives: 0808 8002222
• Samaritans Helpline: 08457 90 90 90 (open 24 hours). Phone if you feel you are struggling to cope and need someone to talk to.
• Action on Elder Abuse Helpline: 080 8808 8141 (free phone Monday to Friday 9-5pm).